I’ve seen a lot of this on Tumblr lately, so this is for all of you (including me) who want to run around in jean shorts all summer but feel like you can’t because of some intangible socially conscribed idea of what bare legs are ‘supposed’ to look like.
(Of course, some people have their own perfectly good reasons for wanting to cover up, and that’s just as fine).
Rocking shorts and skirts this summer.
Showing off my tattoos and stubble and scars.
Yeah I only have two pairs of shorts, now. I gave away my short shorts because I thought…well…yeah. ._.
Let me tell you something about today. Today was the hottest day of the year in New Jersey, I woke up sweating despite air conditioning because it was 95 degrees. Now, i did what any logical person would do and I put on my favorite pair of shorts so i wouldn’t be sweating throughout the day.
Even in my shorts i was sweating my balls off but I went through half of my day as normal, no boys stared at my ass or tried to grope me in public yet when i went to the the cafeteria a teacher told me to go to the office because he finds my shorts inappropriate. I head down to the office to find a group of girls wearing shorts and skirts sitting in a small room in the office, we where all ordered to call our parents or to change into the clothes they had offered us from the school store. These items of clothing included sweatpants and a large heavy sweatshirt. I obviously refused to where those because it was 95 degrees and when you are sweating the key to cool down is NOT to put on more clothes. They told me I would have to stay in that room the whole day if it came down to it.
I was able to leave the office when my friend gave me a pair of yoga pants. The man who made me go down to the office brought down several other girls as I was leaving, at this point they didn’t care how long the shorts where they just sent everyone who was wearing a pair down. They warned me that if I put my shorts back on they would right me up.
I put them back on anyway because just walking down the hallway in those yoga pants made me faint, dizzy,and extremely hot. Thats the main issue, it is hot enough for people to pass out in school but to the school system they would rather a girl suffer from a heat stroke then to have a boy become turned on. My shorts don’t say “COme fuck me in the middle of class” they say,”Its warm out”
The sexualizing of innocent students is not okay
Risking students health is not okay
and tHE LACK OF FEMINISM IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM WILL NEVER BE OKAY
Today was literally horrible
I hate our school so much
Pornstars & Pornographers on the Porn Industry
- John Stagliano, porn producer: "I was the first to shoot Rocco. Together we evolved toward rougher stuff. He started to spit on girls. A strong male-dominant thing, with women being pushed to their limit. It looks like violence but it's not. I mean, pleasure and pain are the same thing, right?"
- Julie Meadows, ex- porn star: "This industry is full of people that hate - literally HATE women."
- Vince Vouyer, porn producer: "The girls get torn up like usual."
- Khan Tusion, porn producer: "Degradation drives the business. … There are things going on right now that are way over the line."
- Brandon Iron, porn producer: "Where else but in porn can you see a guy who just met a girl that day crack her around, choke her out."
- Docter Sharon Mitchell, Adult Industry Medical (AIM): "Things are getting more and more demeaning towards women. It's degrading. It's very, very violent."
- "I sit there everyday and I sew up anal tears and anal prolapses and the physical conditions of what people are putting their bodies through is getting very, very far away from sexuality as we know it."
"The thing about patriarchy is that individual men, gay and straight, are often really wonderful people who you love deeply, but they have internalized some really poisonous shit. So every once in a while they say or do something that really shakes you because you’re no longer totally certain they see you as a human being, and you feel totally disempowered to explain that to them."
Have I reblogged this before?
Do I care?
See: me, all my male friends ever. I love my guy friends, I really do, but that doesn’t stop me from getting incredibly upset when one of them questions, for example, the idea of privilege, or the pervasiveness of sexualized art in comics. Or makes a rape joke. It’s like suddenly being reminded how very different our perspectives are and though I can make strides and try to explain things and maybe make some parallels (my boyfriend is very receptive to this; thank you, boyfriend), there’s just some things that some of my guy friends will never even be able to comprehend and it’s supremely frustrating.
This is every man I have ever been in a relationship with, ever been related to, ever been friends with. Pretty much.
- Not feminism: Oh my God, that woman is wearing make-up and high heels! She can't be a feminist. She's just adhering to the patriarchal expectations of femininity! What a traitor to her gender.
- Not feminism: I hate men! Women are so much better than men! All men are rapists and we don't need their help! Men are just there to oppress us and keep us down! Women are the superior gender.
- Not feminism: You're giving up your career to have a baby? You're being dictated to by a man! That's the wrong choice! You've slept with twenty men? Wow, way to show that you have no respect for yourself.
- Feminism: Women and men are equal. No-one should be discriminated against on the basis of their gender. Women have the right to decide how to live their life, how to dress, what to do with their body and who to love.
Periods, you no longer impress me. I am bleeding from my nethers, WHATEVER. Try something new, uterus. You make chocolate pudding instead of blood, then we’ll talk.
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen
14/04/2013: Measuring Up.
Oh my god. His stretchmarks are freakin’ rad!
I’m not sure you understand how important this is to me. I have literally never seen a man with stretchmarks before, so I’ve always been really self-conscious of mine.
so many men have stretchmarks, i know a few guys with deep marks like this persons. very common, dont feel insecure because they are no big deal at all. But, i am glad you got to see this photo because i know how comforting it is to find a photo of something you feel weird about that doesnt seem the norm. :)
These are the kind of stretchmarks that inspire me! When I was a teen I had these all over my boobs and I felt so self conscious.
A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
boosting the fuck out of this
also this is their not even apology. idk what to call it.
how fucking gross